Thursday, October 2, 2008

trail run race in Sugadaira

I entered the trail run race was held in Sugadaira in Nagano Pre. on last Sun.
The distance was 40km! I'd never ran so long distance before .Of course in the mountain.
My longest distance was 25km.I wanted to try longer distance.
When I registered the race,I heard the distance was 35km,but just before the race the distance changed to 40km.I was surprised at first.But I think it's no difference between 35km and 40km.It was challenging for me.I was exciting.
I moved to Sugadaira on the day before the race.It was so cold that I was surprised and worried about the race.
But on the race day I hadn't felt cold since I started.Scenery in the race was wonderful,I ran admiring the scenery.My condition wasn't so good ,--I'm not sure the reason ,but attitude was high.I think not to get used to the attitude.
There were 2 peeks at the first half.I climbed hard.
From left half,my challenge started.I was thinking how my body changed by tired.
While I climbed,I felt my legs so heavier.I climbed slowly and another runners overtook me.But I ran faster than others at downhill.I used only gravity ,not used my muscles.As others admired me and I was glad.Overtook,be overtaken,the situation continued like this.
I wanted to run under 7hours but I couldn't do it.
But I almost cry when I finished.I got it,I did best.I was so happy although I was exhaused.I could run 40km!

No comments: